Tools - Page 11
|AutoEnginuity Complete OBDII Diagnostic Tool
|AutoEnginuity's Scan Tool is a professional PC, Pocket PC, and Palm diagnostics scan tool for all OBDII (OBD2) and EOBD IV+ compliant vehicles. AutoEnginuity's Scan Tool allows you to read the vehicle's diagnostic trouble codes, live vehicle sensors (including wide-band O2 sensors), actuate bi-directional controls, reset adaptations, and view inspection/maintenance system test results to quickly determine what service the vehicle requires.
The ScanTool was designed to be as easy to learn as it is powerful. It comes with an automated installation process, a complete and comprehensive User's Guide, and an easy-to-use interface. You won't have to spend valuable time learning another piece of software; you can focus on what's important - servicing the vehicle.
What AutoEnginuity's ScanTool can do:
- Save, print, read and clear Stored and Pending P, U, B, and C Trouble Codes. Supporting P0 - P9 generic and manufacturer specific codes (including the new lettered codes (e.g., P06A0)
- The largest manufacturer specific trouble code library of all PC/PDA-based scan tools (30,000+)
- Read and clear Freeze Frame data
- View live vehicle sensors in a meter, graph, or grid format
- View oxygen sensor live data and test results
- View all 11 Inspection/Maintenance systems and Mode 6 data
- Unlimited logging of live vehicle sensors in TXT, XML, or CSV (1ms logging accuracy)
- Playback your data logs for offline analysis
- Run and query specific component and system tests. Support for generic and enhanced bi-directional tests
- View generic and manufacturer enhanced data on the same tool
- English or Metric (SI) units of measure supported
- Configure your sensors' ranges, scaling value, audible alert triggers, units, and sampling rate
- Savable configurations. Set up the interface to suit your preferences and save it so you never have to do it again
- Supports 1996 and newer passenger vehicles, whether it be domestic, Asian, or European. SAE interfaces: J1850 (PWM and VPM), ISO-9141-2, ISO-14230 [KWP2000], and CAN [11bit and 29bit]
- Also resets the Service indicator Lights on models from 2001 on.
Something ScanTool offers that the others don't:
- True Plug-n-Play USB 2.0 interface1
- Factory scan tool options available (not included in base kit) All generic scan tools can only access the powertrain, no matter what SAE Modes (J1979/J2190) they use for communication. With our expansions, you can access dozens of systems (ABS, transmission, GEM, SRS/Airbags, Instrument Cluster, etc.) generic scan tools can't even see. This gives you access to thousands of sensors and dozens of bi-directional controls/system tests. Click here for complete enhanced option details.
- Optional expansions allowing you to communicate with non-OBD-II vehicles like the Powerstroke, Duramax, and Cummins diesels.
- Bi-directional support. You have the ability to initiate system and component tests2
- Mode 6 support. If a system test fails, now you can see the results from the failing component; not just the system. Our Mode 6 data is fully translated so you don't have to waste hours looking the scale and definitions.2
- Mode 9 support. Full ECM information including CAL, CVN, and VIN reporting
- Support for CAN and even the CAN 6x Mode3
- Support for the new extended sensor list (233 sensors--supporting the SAE J1979 May 2007 additions)
- Includes SpeedTracer - a performance analysis software for your PC or PDA!
- ALL the OBD-II vehicle interfaces in a single cable, rugged case. This is a savings of hundreds of dollars over the competitors' units
Pelican Technical Article on OBDII Diagnostics
AutoEnginuity Product Comparison Chart
Frequently Asked Questions about AutoEnginuity
AutoEnginuity Software Release Notes
NOTE: Bluetooth accessibility is a hardware upgrade option that MUST be purchased at the time of ScanTool purchase. It is NOT an add-on adapter, but instead a modification performed on a per-order basis. Please refer to the manufacturer-specific expansion packages below in order to correctly diagnose your particular vehicle.1PC version only.
2Support for this feature is vehicle dependant.
3CAN is used in all 2004 Ford, Mazda, and some Mercedes, and Toyota. CAN is the new required electrical OBDII interface for passenger vehicles starting in the 2008 model year.
|AutoEnginuity ScanTool Software Expansions
|With these software add-ons, you can access hundreds of extra systems, sensors, and system tests beyond the standard OBDII emissions-related Powertrain systems and sensors.
|This J1962 break out box allows access to all wires in the OBD-II / EOBD III Diagnostic Interface This makes it easy to trace CAN Bus faults, Power supply problems and track failed diagnostic controllers.
Electronic Diagnostic Tools
- The ATEQ’s VT55 OBDII is a universal TPMS tool sensor activator that can also program the vehicle ECU if required.
- Compatible with all currently known TPMS sensors, it has a built in synchronization software that makes sure that it stays up-to-date with all the new TPMS sensors introduced every year.
- Large graphic LCD display (128 x 64 dots)
- Selection by car manufacturer
- Internal Li-ON battery charger
- USB interface for configuration and upgrade
- Size: 150 x 80 x 25
- RF Range adjustable from 300 to 900 Mhz by software to accommodate future sensors
- Duplicate sensor warning to prevent displaying or writing incorrect information to vehicle ECU
- Visual, audible and physical feedback when VT55 receives sensor information
- Rewrite sensor information directly to TPMS ECU
- Works with all 1996 & newer domestic and imported vehicles
- Features the unique patented One-Click I/M Readiness Key for quick State Emissions readiness check & drive cycle verification
- Easy to read Volt/Ohm meter allows you to test voltage resistance, wiring, switches, duty cycle, and more
- Capable of diagnosing 12v charging systems & starting systems
- Displays complete OBDII vehicle data stream
- Retrieves generic, manufacturer specific, and pending codes
- Easily determines cause of Check Engine Light
- Turns off Check Engine Light, clears codes, and resets monitors
- Displays DTC definitions on TFT color screen
- Display monitor & Inspection Maintenance readiness status
- Retrieve vehicle information
- Troubleshooter code tips guide technicians to the root cause of trouble code faster, saving diagnosis and repair time
- View freeze frame data
- Multilingual menu & DTC definitions
- USB cable included for product updates
- Memory/battery backup for off-vehicle data review & analysis
|VEHICLE COVERAGE:GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, VW, BMW, Benz, Smart, Sprinter, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Peugeot, Citroen, Fiat, Renault, Landrover, Jaguar. (*Peugeot and Citroen are only for AL609 EU)
- Diagnoses ABS system codes on most 1996 and newer major vehicle models.
- Turns off Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) and ABS warning lights, clears codes and resets monitors
- Works on ALL 1996 and newer vehicles (OBDII & CAN)
- Retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3 and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3 and U1) codes and pending codes
- Views freeze frame data
- Reads, stores and playbacks live PCM datastream and live sensor data
- Graphs data
- Retrieves vehicle information (VIN, CIN and CVN)
- Troubleshooter code tips guide technicians to the root cause of trouble codes faster
- Multilingual menu and DTC definitions – English, Spanish and French
- TF memory card for data backup and software update
- Internet updatable and upgradable
- Prints Data via PC
- Reads and clears check engine light warnings on 1996 and newer vehicles through all OBDII protocols, including CAN (Controller Area Network)
- Retrieves and displays ABS codes for 1996 and most newer domestic, Toyota & Honda Vehicles
- Provides SAE enhanced live data - views, graphs, records, and plays back live PCM data streams on-screen
- Features built-in memory to store codes, even when reader is unplugged
- Bright & easy-to-read display shows over 20 pieces of diagnostic information at-once
- Includes soft pouch for storage
- Additional help, including step-by-step repair guide, how-to-videos, and more available online with (optional) RepairSolutions
- Fix it Faster!
- Expanded Domestic and Asian ABS & Airbag coverage. Now with over 4.3 million verified fixes at the touch of a button! Compatible with all 1996 and newer cars and light trucks
- Airbag (SRS) & ABS coverage:
- 1996-2010 GM, Ford and Chrysler
- 1996-2009 Toyota, Honda, Hyundai and Nissan
- AutoID TM
- Automatically retrieves VIN from vehicle and decodes to Year/Make/Model
- Standard Features
- CodeConnect® Top Reported Fixes
- Record and playback LIVE engine data
- Display LIVE real time data
- Compatible with all 1996 and newer cars and light trucks
- OBD II & CAN (Domestic, Asian, European)
- 2010 MY coverage for HD, Hybrid and Diesel vehicles
- Acronym library
- Custom data list for LIVE data
- Dual graphing - Graph two PIDs at the same time for comparison
- Displays all modes of global OBD II data
- Displays enhanced code definitions
- Hardware Features
- Optional battery power
- Field updateable via USB port
- Trilingual manual (English, Spanish, and French)
- Print data to PC
- Inexpensive scan tool to diagnose and fix problems on vehicles 1996 and newer when the check engine and ABS warning lights are on
- Use Read/Erase hot keys to quickly view and erase codes and turn off the lights
- Live Data allows you to view vehicle sensor, switch and relay inputs in real time, while the engine is running
- Live Data information helps pinpoint the problem components for a faster diagnosis