Engine area when I bought the car
The very satisfying result
This project was put off for the longest time because of the fear of removing the alternator - a perfectly functioning one at that ! The removal of the alternator is a project all of it's own and because it has been covered in many other places I am not going to go into it in depth as a separate subject here other than to say it just was not that hard. In fact, it was not the demon that I had built it up to be.
The biggest part of this project was to figure out how everything comes off and in what order. I did not remove the valve covers because I enjoy a drip free engine now and I did want to create more problems than I went into this project with. I decided to use the same colors as the interior to keep everything consistent.
I chose to paint the engine rather than powder coat the items because I had used heat paint on previous projects (race boat engines and a 350 in a '57 Chevy) and I have never had a problem with fading, chipping or discoloration.
[Click on Image to Enlarge]