My method - generic
Posted By: Ray Calvo <email@example.com>
Date: Monday, 5 March 2001, at 12:34
In Response To: How to flush the
brake system on 993? (Chris) Contributed by Ray Calvo
1) Pull as much old fluid out ofreservoir as possible with
a turkey baster, refill with fresh fluid.
2) Fill Power Bleeder with new fluid
3) Hook Power Bleeder to master cylinder
4) Start at right rear; remove wheel
5) I built up a drain bottle which had a "tee"
in it, with a separate 1/4" or so clear plastic tubing attached to each part of the
upper "tee". Each tubing end gets attached to a bleed screw.
6) Open both bleed screws, drain out a 1/4 pint or so
(fluid looks clear with no bubbles).
7) Close bleed screws, remove tubing, reattach
8) Go to LR, RF, LF in that succession and repeat
During (6), helps to tap brake caliper with a rubber or