|The Pelican Parts Intermediate Shaft Bearing Replacement Kit is a less-expensive solution to the excellent LN Engineering kit. The Pelican kit replaces the factory bearing with a very similarly manufactured non-ceramic bearing (and with an improved seal and updated center bolt). This one kit will work with either the single or dual row IMS on your M96 engine (1997-04) or your very early 2005 engine that doesn't utilize the newer oversize bearings. We recommend that the bearing be replaced each time a clutch replacement is performed (every 40,000 miles or so).
The Pelican Parts Intermediate Shaft Bearing Replacement Kit includes:
• Improved center bearing bolt
• Outer race spacer (for engine with double-row bearings)
• Inner race spacer (for engine with double-row bearings)
• Replacement intermediate shaft bearing
• Center bolt O-ring
• Center bolt nut
• Long center bolt spacer (for engine with single-row bearings)
• Short center bolt spacer (for engine with double-row bearings)
• Snap ring (for engine with single-row bearings)
• Spiroloc snap ring (for engine with double-row bearings)
• 3 new micro-encapsulated cover bolts
• 3 M6x25mm installation helper bolts
• 3 M6x1x25mm set screws
• Updated 3-groove flange seal
• O-ring for older style flange seal
The Pelican kit also uses the stock intermediate shaft bearing cover as a way to reduce the total cost of the kit. To read more about the Intermediate Shaft Bearing (IMS) Replacement, click here to read the entire article on Project 14 from 101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster.
If your intermediate shaft bearing cover has a single-row gasket, Pelican recommends that you replace it with the upgraded multi-row gasket intermediate bearing shaft cover 996-105-017-02-M100.